Index » PageStream Support » Amiga » PageStream 5.0.5.8
Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
2010-10-12 15:18:14 CT #1
Bart Mathias
From: United States
Registered: 2007-01-13
Posts: 320

Hello,

I have tried the new 5.0.5.8 three times, saving the debug file the latter
two.

The main problem still exists: Can only type in Artistic. Opening a font
requester brings up the complete list, with "Athena" highlighted, but once
the requester is open, proceding with PageStream requires rebooting and
starting it anew, and remembering not to try to change fonts.

Is the great repetition of lines like
..Failing Control Layout id:10 0,0 7,21 actual:41,28 6,21 min:7,21
part of what makes it slow?

LastDebugBufferText still contains thousands of these:
Task 0x695220C0 (Background CLI) bad access @ 0x00000000, pc = 0x01450898,
lr = 0x014509D8,
I'm not sure they relate to PageStream, but I haven't noticed getting them
otherwise...

--
Bart Mathias
AmigaOne XE-G4 OS4.1u2


2010-10-12 20:22:23 CT #2
Deron Kazmaier
From: United States
Registered: 2006-01-29
Posts: 4596

On more thing. Can you change the font using the Type->Font submenu?

On 10/12/10 7:18 PM, Bart Mathias wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried the new 5.0.5.8 three times, saving the debug file the latter
> two.
>
> The main problem still exists: Can only type in Artistic. Opening a font
> requester brings up the complete list, with "Athena" highlighted, but once
> the requester is open, proceding with PageStream requires rebooting and
> starting it anew, and remembering not to try to change fonts.
>
> Is the great repetition of lines like
> ..Failing Control Layout id:10 0,0 7,21 actual:41,28 6,21 min:7,21
> part of what makes it slow?
>
> LastDebugBufferText still contains thousands of these:
> Task 0x695220C0 (Background CLI) bad access @ 0x00000000, pc = 0x01450898,
> lr = 0x014509D8,
> I'm not sure they relate to PageStream, but I haven't noticed getting them
> otherwise...
>


--
Deron Kazmaier - support@pagestream.org
Grasshopper LLC Publishing -http://www.pagestream.org
PageStream
DTP for Amiga, Linux, Macintosh, and Windows


2010-10-12 20:21:13 CT #3
Deron Kazmaier
From: United States
Registered: 2006-01-29
Posts: 4596

Sigh...

I'm curious, could you use Font prefs in prior releases, and can you in
the new version?

The debug output certainly can slow things down, but what you mentioned
only happens when dialogs are opening or being resized. Do you run
PageStream on a true color (24bit rgb) screen? If not, then I would
expect PageStream to crawl...

Can you run something like segtracker and give me the crash output?

Thanks,

Deron


On 10/12/10 7:18 PM, Bart Mathias wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried the new 5.0.5.8 three times, saving the debug file the latter
> two.
>
> The main problem still exists: Can only type in Artistic. Opening a font
> requester brings up the complete list, with "Athena" highlighted, but once
> the requester is open, proceding with PageStream requires rebooting and
> starting it anew, and remembering not to try to change fonts.
>
> Is the great repetition of lines like
> ..Failing Control Layout id:10 0,0 7,21 actual:41,28 6,21 min:7,21
> part of what makes it slow?
>
> LastDebugBufferText still contains thousands of these:
> Task 0x695220C0 (Background CLI) bad access @ 0x00000000, pc = 0x01450898,
> lr = 0x014509D8,
> I'm not sure they relate to PageStream, but I haven't noticed getting them
> otherwise...
>


--
Deron Kazmaier - support@pagestream.org
Grasshopper LLC Publishing -http://www.pagestream.org
PageStream
DTP for Amiga, Linux, Macintosh, and Windows


2010-10-12 17:53:43 CT #4
Bart Mathias
From: United States
Registered: 2007-01-13
Posts: 320

On 10/12/2010, PageStream Support wrote:

> Sigh...

Well, maybe a bit of good news. I had thought that trying to change fonts
from the Edit Palette (which apparently hangs the program) and from the
Text menu had identical results. Not True. I can change fonts with the Text
menu.

Usually I am not able to open an old file because the font replacement thing
opens and won't close, but earlier I tried one of the Direct Templates.
Nothing seemed to be happening, so I went down to lunch and when I came
back two hours later, there it was--some kind of business card format
written in Artistic font.

> I'm curious, could you use Font prefs in prior releases, and can you in
> the new version?

I'm not entirely sure. To find out, I Removed OS41:Fonts/_TrueType/ from the
Installed Font window, saved, then tried to replace it. At first I got
OS41:Fonts/, so I tried again and ended up with OS41:Fonts/_TrueType/
listed below the first. But I can't save, and PageStream is hung again,
bringing an end to today's experiments.

> The debug output certainly can slow things down, but what you mentioned
> only happens when dialogs are opening or being resized. Do you run
> PageStream on a true color (24bit rgb) screen? If not, then I would
> expect PageStream to crawl...

It seems my only choices (1280x1024 with Radeon 9250) are CLUT8, RGB16, and
ARGB32. I have been using the last.

> Can you run something like segtracker and give me the crash output?

I have downloaded segtracker, but my first look at the docs suggests a
fairly long learning curve. It looks like I might also need Enforcer, which
I haven't had installed for over 10 years, although I vaguely recall using
it in my younger days. I hope in the meantime perhaps someone with similar
problems will know how to do it.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated. It looks like I may be able to start
doing one of my necessary jobs with this version.

> On 10/12/10 7:18 PM, Bart Mathias wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have tried the new 5.0.5.8 three times, saving the debug file the
>> latter two.
>>
>> The main problem still exists: Can only type in Artistic. Opening a
>> font requester brings up the complete list, with "Athena" highlighted,
>> but once the requester is open, proceding with PageStream requires
>> rebooting and starting it anew, and remembering not to try to change
>> fonts.
>
>> Is the great repetition of lines like
>> ..Failing Control Layout id:10 0,0 7,21 actual:41,28 6,21 min:7,21
>> part of what makes it slow?
>>
>> LastDebugBufferText still contains thousands of these:
>> Task 0x695220C0 (Background CLI) bad access @ 0x00000000, pc =
>> 0x01450898, lr = 0x014509D8,
>> I'm not sure they relate to PageStream, but I haven't noticed getting
>> them otherwise...
>>
>
>


2010-10-13 22:17:32 CT #5
Paul R. Zager
From: Unknown
Registered: 2004-08-16
Posts: 106

Deron,

I just tried running the new 5.0.5.8 Amiga 68k on my OS4.1
update 2 AmigaOne. Unfortunately, I don't get as far with
this one as I did with 5.0.5.7. With the previous one, I
could get the whole program open and open or start some
documents.

With 5.0.5.8 I set the stack higher (to 1000000) in the
shell and then
start PageStream5 from the shell. But all I get is the
vertical tool bar and the tiny, partial edit window. The
upper horizontal tool bar and menu bar are not accesible.
And in fact, everything is frozen, although a soft boot
works at that point.

I'll see what I can get for output to send you.

BTW, the new 5.0.5.8 Pro Windows works great on the Windoze
box for what little I've done with it so far. (Print up a
new batch of business cards.)

Paul


--
--
--
Paul Zager

Proud Builder of Frankenthousand, the monster A1000
'030@50MHz, 2 megs chip/32 megs fast, 2 hard drives, OS 3.9
4xSCSI CD-ROM, SyJet, 56kHayes, 19" flicker free display

"Bride of Frankenthousand" A4000 Gave her life for her young

The Young Frankenthousand AmigaOne G4-XE, ATI Radeon 9250,
Catweasel, 2048 MB . . . now running OS4.1


2010-10-14 15:20:05 CT #6
Bart Mathias
From: United States
Registered: 2007-01-13
Posts: 320

On 10/13/2010, Paul R.Zager wrote:

> Deron,
>
> I just tried running the new 5.0.5.8 Amiga 68k on my OS4.1
> update 2 AmigaOne. Unfortunately, I don't get as far with
> this one as I did with 5.0.5.7. With the previous one, I
> could get the whole program open and open or start some
> documents.
>
> With 5.0.5.8 I set the stack higher (to 1000000) in the
> shell and then
> start PageStream5 from the shell. But all I get is the
> vertical tool bar and the tiny, partial edit window. The
> upper horizontal tool bar and menu bar are not accesible.
> And in fact, everything is frozen, although a soft boot
> works at that point.

Odd how different people get such different results. I run at a 65,528
stack, and was delighted to learn Tuesday that I could actually type text
with 5.0.5.8. Two months ago I had made a flyer with 5.0.5.7 (which I
forgot I even had until you reminded me), but I could not type directly
into it. What I had to do was type text in FinalWriter, copy it as jpeg
with SGrab, and import it piece by piece into PageStream. Then I saved it
as PDF and used SGrab to turn that into a jpeg which I mailed and posted.
http://www.frauhm.org/newsletter.jpg

Tuesday, in spite of being able to type into a new document, I was mostly
unable to open an old one, with one strange exception (one of the Direct
Templates came up long after I had gone away from the computer to do other
things). I still cannot open the flyer from the end of August with 5.0.5.7,
but I copied PageStream5.prefs over from .0.7 to .0.8 and was thereafter
able to open that flyer in the latter new version.

However, it seems I am no longer able to type into a recalled document nor
into a new one. Aaargh! Although App.Debug.txt does report my attempts to
do so:

set_typeeditpalette -done
execute macro INSERT H
execute macro INSERT ere
execute macro INSERT ?
--
Bart Mathias
AmigaOne XE-G4 OS4.1u2


2010-10-14 16:40:57 CT #7
Bart Mathias
From: United States
Registered: 2007-01-13
Posts: 320

More good news!


> Odd how different people get such different results. I run at a 65,528
> stack, and was delighted to learn Tuesday that I could actually type
> text with 5.0.5.8. Two months ago I had made a flyer with 5.0.5.7
> (which I forgot I even had until you reminded me), but I could not type
> directly into it. What I had to do was type text in FinalWriter, copy
> it as jpeg with SGrab, and import it piece by piece into PageStream.
> Then I saved it as PDF and used SGrab to turn that into a jpeg which I
> mailed and posted.http://www.frauhm.org/newsletter.jpg
>
>
Tuesday, in spite of being able to type into a new document, I was
> mostly unable to open an old one, with one strange exception (one of
> the Direct Templates came up long after I had gone away from the
> computer to do other things). I still cannot open the flyer from the
> end of August with 5.0.5.7, but I copied PageStream5.prefs over from
> .0.7 to .0.8 and was thereafter able to open that flyer in the latter
> new version.
>
> However, it seems I am no longer able to type into a recalled document
> nor into a new one. Aaargh! Although App.Debug.txt does report my
> attempts to do so:

Subsequently to writing the above, I copied two more files from 5.0.5.7 to
5.0.0.8 /UserPrefs:

FontSubstitutionData and PageStream5 Fonts

(Again I have the mysterious PageStream5 System Fonts I have had in the past
and got rid of, 28 bytes as follows:
00000000: 464F524D 00000014 46454E54 56455253 FORM....FENTVERS
00000010: 00000008 00000001 00000002)

I was able to both type into a new document again, and to type into the old
one on reopening it. (Opening an old file brings up a DSI Grim Reaper, but
"Ignore ..." works.)

I can select fonts from the Text > Fonts menu. However, selection is limited
because once that window fills with font names, there is no way to get
more. The Edit Palette lists all, but so far every time I have tried to
select that way, the program ceases to function. I'm going to put this in
"Outgoing" and try again before I post...

OK, no improvement there. All the fonts are listed, but selecting a
"different" one has no effect. I went at random for Garamond Kursiv, waited
two or three minutes for the sample to appear, and came back to this. The
sample has still not appeared, and I don't expect the Cancel button will do
anything at all.

I put "different" in quotes above because it's already different, in the
sense that Edit Palette says Bitstream Vera Serif Roman. I had selected
that in a previous experiment, and PageStream sort of remembers. However,
when I type, it is Artistic that appears.

Still no Garamond Kursiv sample...
--
Bart Mathias
AmigaOne XE-G4 OS4.1u2


2010-10-15 14:26:07 CT #8
Roy Leith
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2006-02-23
Posts: 171


Hi All,

I have just installed 5.0.5.8 on the latest patch of OS4.1. The last time I tried V5 was with the PPC version.

I am using it with Pagestream blacklisted in the Compatibility JIT list, but I don't think that is having any discernable effect. I may take it out, later.

Do we get a debug output with this beta or is that just Deron's copy?

The first time I run it I get an amber alert along the lines 'Font Softlogik.font is defective at glyph xxxxx. I have not had the patience to get the whole message as it only appears once and soon disappears. It does not reappear until the next time I boot Workbench and then the message appears again on starting PGS.

I have been unable to add fonts with system prefs. I will try again when I have loaded the new font sets. I expect that the old format fonts are the problem.

I have got to the bottom of one snaggette, yeah! By default the Select button on the toolbar is selected. Clicking on the Text (A) button gets a DSI or else the prog. may wait until one tries to create a text box before the DSI arrives. It works correctly if one deselects the Select tool and then selects the Text tool. Then text can be typed in and resized. However, even the limited range of default fonts cannot be used. Attempts to change the font to Triumverate Bold or Wedding List causes a DSI.

I will let you know what happens when the new font set is installed.

Opening existing documents will often work or else it causes a DSI. I think that is something to do with the font replacement requester. Again, I will see if the new font set helps at all. Does V5 look in the SYS:Fonts drawer? That may also be a snag since I have some cobwebby fonts in there.

Regards
Roy Leith

PS I take no responsibility for any wierd spelling or layout of this message. OWB has its own very odd way of dealing with the message box!


2010-10-15 15:52:08 CT #9
Bart Mathias
From: United States
Registered: 2007-01-13
Posts: 320

On 10/15/2010, royleith wrote:

> I have just installed 5.0.5.8 on the latest patch of OS4.1. The last
> time I tried V5 was with the PPC version.
>
> I am using it with Pagestream blacklisted in the Compatibility JIT
> list, but I don't think that is having any discernable effect. I may
> take it out, later.
>
> Do we get a debug output with this beta or is that just Deron's copy?

If you put

DEBUG
DEBUGFILE

in PageStream5.prefs (I have them before USERNAME), you'll get AppDebug.txt
in the UserPrefs drawer. Sort of interesting but maybe not very useful.

> The first time I run it I get an amber alert along the lines 'Font
> Softlogik.font is defective at glyph xxxxx.

This Amiga problem was discussed on the non-Amiga section a few days ago, an
old familiar problem. Somehow your program is aware of Softlogik.font. It
should not be; there should be no Softlogik.font in the PageStream5 drawer.
Do you have an old assign or something that makes it look elsewhere?

> I have been unable to add fonts with system prefs. I will try again
> when I have loaded the new font sets. I expect that the old format
> fonts are the problem.

Maybe it's cheating, but if loading new fonts doesn't work, I would try
copying "PageStream5 Fonts" and "FontSubstitutionData" from your old
PageStream5. And PageStream5.prefs as well. Maybe the fact that your old
ones are PPC might mean they won't work (I could try it myself, I guess,
but since I don't really need to...); in which case you just delete them
and start again.

> I have got to the bottom of one snaggette, yeah! By default the Select
> button on the toolbar is selected. Clicking on the Text (A) button gets
> a DSI or else the prog. may wait until one tries to create a text box
> before the DSI arrives. It works correctly if one deselects the Select
> tool and then selects the Text tool. Then text can be typed in and
> resized. However, even the limited range of default fonts cannot be
> used. Attempts to change the font to Triumverate Bold or Wedding List
> causes a DSI.

Change them via the menu, Text > Font. You only get a reduced selection, but
you can change fonts that way.

I am able to type new text over an imported jpeg when opening a file made
with an earlier version, without opening a text frame. But only after
copying a previous user preferences file into 5.0.8.5.

> I will let you know what happens when the new font set is installed.
>
> Opening existing documents will often work or else it causes a DSI. I
> think that is something to do with the font replacement requester.
> Again, I will see if the new font set helps at all. Does V5 look in the
> SYS:Fonts drawer? That may also be a snag since I have some cobwebby
> fonts in there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cobwebby fonts," but maybe things like
"M+1P+IPAG-circle.ttf"? I have a bunch of things like that in
Fonts/_TrueType and that is indeed the drawer I successfully use. (I have
no idea what those fonts are any more.)

> PS I take no responsibility for any wierd spelling or layout of this
> message. OWB has its own very odd way of dealing with the message box!

The only weird thing I saw was that "wierd."
--
Bart Mathias
AmigaOne XE-G4 OS4.1u2


2010-10-16 11:00:36 CT #10
Roy Leith
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2006-02-23
Posts: 171

--- In PageStreamAmigaBeta@yahoogroups.com, Bart Mathias <mathias@...> wrote:
>
> On 10/15/2010, royleith wrote:
>

>
> > The first time I run it I get an amber alert along the lines 'Font
> > Softlogik.font is defective at glyph xxxxx.
>
> This Amiga problem was discussed on the non-Amiga section a few days ago, an
> old familiar problem. Somehow your program is aware of Softlogik.font. It
> should not be; there should be no Softlogik.font in the PageStream5 drawer.
> Do you have an old assign or something that makes it look elsewhere?
>

Bart,

I have the old 4.1.6 version installed as my working version and that has assigns that may be doing the damage. I will put up with it if you don't think it is interfering with the operation of V5. I don't want to do without my V4 version.

Thanks for the other tips.

Regards
Roy Leith


2010-10-16 11:59:18 CT #11
Deron Kazmaier
From: United States
Registered: 2006-01-29
Posts: 4596


>>> The first time I run it I get an amber alert along the lines 'Font
>>> Softlogik.font is defective at glyph xxxxx.
>> This Amiga problem was discussed on the non-Amiga section a few days ago, an
>> old familiar problem. Somehow your program is aware of Softlogik.font. It
>> should not be; there should be no Softlogik.font in the PageStream5 drawer.
>> Do you have an old assign or something that makes it look elsewhere?
>>
> Bart,
>
> I have the old 4.1.6 version installed as my working version and that has assigns that may be doing the damage. I will put up with it if you don't think it is interfering with the operation of V5. I don't want to do without my V4 version.
>
> Thanks for the other tips.
>
> Regards
> Roy Leith
>
>

It is not harmful.

If anyone has a fixed version of this font, please send it to me and
I'll post it on our web site and place it in the next archive as well.

Deron

--
Deron Kazmaier - support@pagestream.org
Grasshopper LLC Publishing -http://www.pagestream.org
PageStream
DTP for Amiga, Linux, Macintosh, and Windows


2010-10-16 09:27:42 CT #12
Bart Mathias
From: United States
Registered: 2007-01-13
Posts: 320

On 10/16/2010, PageStream Support wrote:

>
>>>> The first time I run it I get an amber alert along the lines 'Font
>>>> Softlogik.font is defective at glyph xxxxx.
[...]
>> I have the old 4.1.6 version installed as my working version and that
>> has assigns that may be doing the damage. I will put up with it if you
>> don't think it is interfering with the operation of V5. [...]
> It is not harmful.
>
> If anyone has a fixed version of this font, please send it to me and
> I'll post it on our web site and place it in the next archive as well.
>
> Deron

I find the Softlogik font thing very confusing. To my surprise, both of my
5.0.3.3's (Pro and regular) include these items, just like 4.1.6:

Directory "Fonts" on Saturday 16-Oct-10
...
SoftLogik Dir ----rwed 13-Feb-07 15:42:36
SoftLogikFonts Dir ----rwed 21-Mar-08 16:46:09
...

SoftLogikFonts contains, in the case of the version 5's, .ttf files for
Artistic, Athena, Calgary, Circus, Elegance, LinePrinter, LuciSans,
Oriental, PageStream, RomanBookface, TomHud, TomHudson(!?),
UniversityRoman, WestSide, and Zip. These are all exactly duplicated in
Sys:Fonts/_TrueType. Version 4 has two each of those names, but they are
.dmf and .fm files.

A bigger difference twixt 4 and 5 is the content of SoftLogik. Version 4...
has
8 2232 ----rwed 10-Oct-00 08:21:24
7 1596 ----rwed 10-Oct-00 08:21:24
5 768 ----rwed 10-Oct-00 08:21:22

The 5.0.3.3's have
5 2476 ----rwed 30-Mar-06 13:02:44
7 3188 ----rwed 30-Mar-06 13:02:44
8 3340 ----rwed 30-Mar-06 13:02:44

Meanwhile, 5.0.5.6/7/8 have no folders with "font" in their names.

If any of the above could be a fixed version of a font let me know and I
will mail it to you.

--
Bart Mathias
AmigaOne XE-G4 OS4.1u2


2010-10-16 20:57:59 CT #13
Russell Butler
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2006-02-15
Posts: 126

Hi PageStream,

On 16/10/2010, you wrote:

>>>> The first time I run it I get an amber alert along the lines 'Font
>>>> Softlogik.font is defective at glyph xxxxx.
>>> This Amiga problem was discussed on the non-Amiga section a few days
>>> ago, an old familiar problem. Somehow your program is aware of
>>> Softlogik.font. It should not be; there should be no Softlogik.font
>>> in the PageStream5 drawer. Do you have an old assign or something
>>> that makes it look elsewhere?

>> Bart,
>>
>> I have the old 4.1.6 version installed as my working version and that
>> has assigns that may be doing the damage. I will put up with it if you
>> don't think it is interfering with the operation of V5. I don't want
>> to do without my V4 version.

>> Thanks for the other tips.
>>
>> Regards
>> Roy Leith
>>
>>

> It is not harmful.

> If anyone has a fixed version of this font, please send it to me and
> I'll post it on our web site and place it in the next archive as well.

> Deron

I've sent you a copy to support@pgs etc.

Hopefully, it will be what you want 'cos I don't really know :/ I just have
a copy from PGS4.

Bye for now,
--

Marriage is give and take. You'd better give it to her or she'll take it
anyway.
-- Joey Adams

wurzel
Russell

weather: Mostly Cloudy : 12.00 C, 53.60 F
Winds : Variable 14.96 MPH, 24.08 KPH, 13.00 Knots
Jersey Airport (EGJJ), United Kingdom


2010-10-16 12:23:24 CT #14
Bart Mathias
From: United States
Registered: 2007-01-13
Posts: 320

Starting with the tool bar, then the menus, I tried to make sure what works
and what doesn't. Some of the "doesn't"s may just be because I need to
reread the manual.

Items in tool bar:
Select. OK
Text. OK
Magnify. OK
Eyedropper. ? (I need to review the manual to see what it does)
Text Frame. OK
Rectangle. OK
Oval. OK
Polygon. Pentagons only; I forget how to change.
Pen Point. ("Bezier" something or other?) OK
Table maker(?). Seems basically OK. How to adjust?
Border maker. How to select something besides the default.

Menu items.
File>
All OK, except:
Preferences, General, Auto Save and Auto Backup
Needs to have Save folder changed to something that exists, then OK.
Preferences, View
Got DSI, but could Ignore and continue.
System Preferences, Screen
Changed (and Save'd) Inactive Text Color from pale green to something I
could actually read. Lasted until end of session only.
System Preferences, Font
Puzzling. lists not only Fonts:_TrueType, but also Fonts/ drawers for
DejaVu, Gentium102, Intellifonts, MgOpen, SoftLogik, SoftLogikFonts,
StandardFonts, and StudioFonts. There is no "Fonts/" in the PgS 5.0.5.8
drawer; where is it finding that?

While I was monkeying with Preferences, I found out how to fix a major
annoyance. Every time I wanted to Save or Open, I'd get this notice that
"Work:pgs5/UserHome/PageStream does not exist" and have to go through the
drawer selection process. I set up some real drawers under Preferences >
Folders, and in this case Save worked. But the set-up business when I first
ran the new PageStream had asked me for folders to use, then apparently
ignored what I told it.

In Layout, I tried only the Snap-to's which worked OK, and Set and Hide
Rulers, also OK.

Under Type, Font works, except choices are limited by the unchangeable size
of the requester with the list. Size and Width work fine. Type Style seems
to work--I tried only Outline. Alignment works in a text frame which is
probably the only place it should. Convert Case works.

I should have known better than to try Type > Insert > Character. It hung
the machine so that I was unable to leftAmiga^N back to Workbench, etc., yet
I could still open PageStream menus! Clicking on the of course had no
effect.

I'm not sure whether any of this is of real interest. I will stop testing at
this point, with one more note. I indicated above that Print works fine.
Print > Mailmerge pretends to work, in that it produces a valid looking file
(PostScript in my case), but AmiGS can't get it open. "Clock" pointer
forever. In fact, when I examined the file, there was no hint of the actual
text, nor of any addresses.

The problem might possibly have been that I was opening a file made in
5.0.3.3 because I couldn't remember off hand how to set up the variables
for mail merge; the file I chose already had them.

By the way, when opening an old file, click OK on the Font Substitution
requester immediately. If you need to change anything you can do it later
with the Type > Font menu item (provided the font you want gets listed
there).
--
Bart Mathias
AmigaOne XE-G4 OS4.1u2


Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
Index » PageStream Support » Amiga » PageStream 5.0.5.8

Sign in to add a comment.