Index » PageStream Support » Amiga » Re: [PageStreamAmigaBeta] Happy Halloween!
Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
2010-11-01 20:36:31 CT #1
lists
From: Unknown
Registered: 2010-08-28
Posts: 4

Hi all

> take a look at ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_7B36VKe84 for a

Now I understand why you still have interest in supporting us poor Amigans
in our small world! You wanna compete against your wife about the most
weird hobby Wink

I'm just kidding! Happy "Samhain" (aka. Halloween: Americans have always
to invent new names/habits for good old European traditions Wink ).

Thanks,
nexus

2010-11-02 06:13:36 CT #2
Lawrence F. Keller
From: United States
Registered: 2006-02-15
Posts: 65

Nexus:

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:36:31 +0100, lists@net-eclipse.net wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
>> take a look at ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_7B36VKe84 for a
>>
> Now I understand why you still have interest in supporting us poor
> Amigans
> in our small world! You wanna compete against your wife about the
> most
> weird hobby -)
>
> I'm just kidding! Happy "Samhain" (aka. Halloween: Americans have
> always
> to invent new names/habits for good old European traditions Wink ).
>
Where does the name "Samhain" come from? Just doesn't have the ring
of Halloween.Smile

> Thanks,
> nexus
>
Dr. Larry Keller
Ohio Amigan
lkeller100@cox.net

2010-11-02 16:27:04 CT #3
Nick Clover
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2006-02-17
Posts: 31

Hello Dr.

On 02/11/2010, you wrote:

> Nexus:
>
> On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:36:31 +0100, lists@net-eclipse.net wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>>> take a look at ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_7B36VKe84 for a
>>>
>> Now I understand why you still have interest in supporting us poor
>> Amigans
>> in our small world! You wanna compete against your wife about the
>> most
>> weird hobby -)
>>
>> I'm just kidding! Happy "Samhain" (aka. Halloween: Americans have
>> always
>> to invent new names/habits for good old European traditions Wink ).
>>
> Where does the name "Samhain" come from? Just doesn't have the ring
> of Halloween.Smile

Samhain is a Gaelic festival held on October 31st - November 1st, the word is
derived from old irish and roughly means "summers end", it was one of many
celtic/gealic celebrations that were 'adopted' by cristianity.

>> Thanks,
>> nexus
>>
> Dr. Larry Keller
> Ohio Amigan
> lkeller100@cox.net
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> PageStream Amiga. Desktop Publishing for Classic Amiga, OS4, and MorphOS.
>http://www.pagestream.orgYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
--
<sb>Nick Clover
<sb>Corripe Cervisiam
<sb>
<sb>I never have any idea of what anyone (including myself.. scratch that,
ESPECIALLY myself) is talking about ever. I find it is safer that way. I
always have deniability should things turn serious.
<sb>


2010-11-02 17:45:49 CT #4
lists
From: Unknown
Registered: 2010-08-28
Posts: 4


> Samhain is a Gaelic festival held on October 31st - November 1st, the
> word is derived from old irish and roughly means "summers end", it was
> one of many celtic/gealic celebrations that were 'adopted' by
> cristianity.

true, but halloween has also nothing to do with christianity Smile and
besides this commonality, the meaning of Halloween and Samhain are at
least very lose related, too. By the way, the christian version of Samhain
is "All Souls' Day", the christian version of Halloween is "Allhallows" or
"All Saints' Day" Smile


regrads,
nexus

2010-11-02 22:04:43 CT #5
Lawrence F. Keller
From: United States
Registered: 2006-02-15
Posts: 65

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:27:04 +0000, Nick Clover wrote:
>
>
> Hello Dr.
>>>
>> Where does the name "Samhain" come from? Just doesn't have the
>> ring
>> of Halloween.Smile
>>
> Samhain is a Gaelic festival held on October 31st - November 1st,
> the word is
> derived from old irish and roughly means "summers end", it was one
> of many
> celtic/gealic celebrations that were 'adopted' by cristianity.
>
The holidays weren't so much "adopted" as co-opted or hijacked. All
depends upon one's perspective.

Thanks for the info.

>>> Thanks,
>>> nexus
>>>
>> Dr. Larry Keller
>> Ohio Amigan
>> lkeller100@cox.net
>>
Dr. Larry Keller
Ohio Amigan
lkeller100@cox.net

Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
Index » PageStream Support » Amiga » Re: [PageStreamAmigaBeta] Happy Halloween!

Sign in to add a comment.