Index » PageStream Support » Documentation » Corrections #12 for the HTML manual PgS
Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
2002-12-17 10:08:47 CT #1
Peter Martin
From: Canada
Registered: 2006-04-15
Posts: 112

Hi Deron:
Some More.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>From the 'Document' topic
*** Common Questions/Concepts/Master pages ***
Last sentence - remove the first "for".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>From the 'Text' topic
*** Common Questions/ How do I...?/ How do I create a text frame? ***
The click on the screen and drag method is not mentioned.

*** Common Questions/Concepts/Clipboard ***
(This is a bit nit-picky, but) The second sentence should start 'Only
one selection'...
This sentence is slightly misleading as the clipboard can hold great
gobs of stuff. You could select text blocks, text frames, bitmaps and
drawings, all the things that can be selected at one time, and it can
all go on the clipboard at once. You could click with the text tool in
and article, click on select all, and the whole article would go on the
clipboard even if it was fifty pages long.

*** Common Questions/Concepts/Overset text ***
"To clear the overset indicator, edit the text to fit or link the frame
to another frame." Suggest -
'To clear the overset indicator, edit the text to fit, link the frame to
another frame or resize the frame.'

*** Common Questions/Concepts/Text blocks ***
Typo - "foooters"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bye
Peter Martin

2003-01-29 15:27:53 CT #2
Deron Kazmaier
From: United States
Registered: 2006-01-29
Posts: 4599

It's like a gift that keeps on giving!

>*** Common Questions/Concepts/Master pages ***
>Last sentence - remove the first "for".

Thanks!

> >From the 'Text' topic
>*** Common Questions/ How do I...?/ How do I create a text frame? ***
>The click on the screen and drag method is not mentioned

True. Not sure that every method should be described here. Seems to me that
this is more like the "one way to skin a cat", not "all ways to skin a
cat". To many ways to do things in PageStream. It would be overwhelming to
fully document PageStream in more than one location.

>*** Common Questions/Concepts/Clipboard ***
>(This is a bit nit-picky, but) The second sentence should start 'Only
>one selection'...
>This sentence is slightly misleading as the clipboard can hold great
>gobs of stuff. You could select text blocks, text frames, bitmaps and
>drawings, all the things that can be selected at one time, and it can
>all go on the clipboard at once. You could click with the text tool in
>and article, click on select all, and the whole article would go on the
>clipboard even if it was fifty pages long.

Agreed. It now mentions that each copy/cut will overwrite the previous
clipboard contents. Not perfect, but better now.

>*** Common Questions/Concepts/Overset text ***
>"To clear the overset indicator, edit the text to fit or link the frame
>to another frame." Suggest -
>'To clear the overset indicator, edit the text to fit, link the frame to
>another frame or resize the frame.'

Agreed. (It really is stupid. What it says is: To make the text fit, either
make the text smaller, or the frame bigger. Duh...)

>*** Common Questions/Concepts/Text blocks ***
>Typo - "foooters"

What's wrong with that?-) Done.

>Peter Martin


Deron Kazmaier - support@grasshopperllc.com
Grasshopper LLC Publishing -http://www.grasshopperllc.com
PageStream
DTP for Amiga, Linux, Macintosh, and Windows

Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
Index » PageStream Support » Documentation » Corrections #12 for the HTML manual PgS

Sign in to add a comment.