Index » PageStream Support » Macintosh OSX » Missing docs at Pagestream.org
Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
2011-11-15 17:42:43 CT #1
Don Green Dragon
From: Unknown
Registered: 2011-12-10
Posts: 58

HI All,

Been a whiles since I used PageStream, so I travelled to the page

Drawing Text Frames and Tables

in order to refresh how to modify tables. The links <Creating Tables> and <Reshaping Tables> both led to a deadend and a "404 Not Found" message.

I think the website has been reorganized -- certainly 'looks' different. Is there a delay?


Don Green Dragon
fergdc@Shaw.ca

2011-11-16 22:33:01 CT #2
Don Green Dragon
From: Unknown
Registered: 2011-12-10
Posts: 58

Hi Self,

Checked the website <http://www.pagestream.org> again this evening. The links <Creating Tables> and <Reshaping Tables> are still not functioning. Can anyone confirm this? I'm using Safari.


On 15Nov2011, at 5:42 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:

> HI All,
>
> Been a whiles since I used PageStream, so I travelled to the page
>
> Drawing Text Frames and Tables
>
> in order to refresh how to modify tables. The links <Creating Tables> and <Reshaping Tables> both led to a deadend and a "404 Not Found" message.
>
> I think the website has been reorganized -- certainly 'looks' different. Is there a delay?

Don Green Dragon
fergdc@Shaw.ca

2011-11-17 20:16:26 CT #3
Don Green Dragon
From: Unknown
Registered: 2011-12-10
Posts: 58

Hi All,

Being overcome with replies, I set to fiddling around and finally recovered what I had forgotten. The overall approach is to create an instance of the default 4x4 table -- don't use the grid icon -- and then make the various modifications using the Edit Palette. Also, in order to make significant changes

-- add or delete a row,
-- add or delete a column,
-- change the width of a column of cells, etc.

you must use the "adjust object" arrow; i.e., not the 'ordinary' object arrow, but the icon with an extra (tiny) arrowhead at the end of the ordinary arrowhead. On my Amiga, the ordinary arrow is solid and red, whereas the "adjust object" arrow is the same shape but white with a black perimeter. It is the icon in the position just to the right of the ordinary object arrow when you click on the "arrow flyouts" --- don't know what they are properly called.

The most obvious operations that you can perform on a table with the ordinary object arrow are

-- move the table around on a page,
-- move the table to another page via the <Object -> Move to page...> menu
-- change the size of the table which also distorts the size of the cells.

When the table is active (shows the six grab handles) and you click on a cell with text in it, with the ordinary object arrow, then you can do weird operations with the text in that cell. Look in the Edit Palette for a couple of strange looking icons which related to reflections. In this state, you can also perform rotations and shearing operations. Also there are strange modifications that can be made to the colour of a cell using the ordinary object pointer, but on the Amiga (with 4.1.5.6) the colour gradients do not seem to be what one specifies.

Good luck with your tables!!


On 16Nov2011, at 10:33 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:

> Hi Self,
>
> Checked the website <http://www.pagestream.org> again this evening. The links <Creating Tables> and <Reshaping Tables> are still not functioning. Can anyone confirm this? I'm using Safari.
>
>
> On 15Nov2011, at 5:42 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:
>
>> HI All,
>>
>> Been a whiles since I used PageStream, so I travelled to the page
>>
>> Drawing Text Frames and Tables
>>
>> in order to refresh how to modify tables. The links <Creating Tables> and <Reshaping Tables> both led to a deadend and a "404 Not Found" message.
>>
>> I think the website has been reorganized -- certainly 'looks' different. Is there a delay?

Don Green Dragon
fergdc@Shaw.ca

2011-11-19 20:45:50 CT #4
Deron Kazmaier
From: United States
Registered: 2006-01-29
Posts: 4599

Try these links:

<Creating Tables>

http://www.pagestream.org/?action=Documents&id=721

<Reshaping Tables>

http://www.pagestream.org/?action=Documents&id=785

Deron


On 11/16/11 10:33 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:
> Hi Self,
>
> Checked the website<http://www.pagestream.org> again this evening. The links<Creating Tables> and<Reshaping Tables> are still not functioning. Can anyone confirm this? I'm using Safari.
>
>
> On 15Nov2011, at 5:42 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:
>
>> HI All,
>>
>> Been a whiles since I used PageStream, so I travelled to the page
>>
>> Drawing Text Frames and Tables
>>
>> in order to refresh how to modify tables. The links<Creating Tables> and<Reshaping Tables> both led to a deadend and a "404 Not Found" message.
>>
>> I think the website has been reorganized -- certainly 'looks' different. Is there a delay?
> Don Green Dragon
> fergdc@Shaw.ca
>
>


--
Happy Trails,
Deron Kazmaier deron@dogstarkennel.com
KD0AYO Western South Dakota
Dog Star Kennelhttp://www.dogstarkennel.com
---
Racing AKC Sepp-Star Seppala Siberian Husky Sled Dogs


2011-11-21 15:32:32 CT #5
Don Green Dragon
From: Unknown
Registered: 2011-12-10
Posts: 58

Hi Deron,


On 19Nov2011, at 8:45 PM, Deron Kazmaier wrote:

> Try these links:
>
> <Creating Tables>
>
>http://www.pagestream.org/?action=Documents&id=721
>

> <Reshaping Tables>
>
>http://www.pagestream.org/?action=Documents&id=785

Yes the above took me to where I wanted to go. Thanks. Also, the links within the documentation for "PageStream User Documentation" are working once again, hence the complaints below no longer apply.

However, on the page for "Creating Tables" and also for "Reshaping Tables" various icons are not appearing but are replaced by a small, square blue box with a question mark '?' within. In fact, wherever I go within "PageStream User Documentation" I find these question-mark boxes instead of appropriate icons. It may be some setting that I've inadvertently set in Safari, but I have no clue how to change that. Perhaps other Mac users could verify the same type of response or indicate that all is well


> On 11/16/11 10:33 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:
>> Hi Self,
>>
>> Checked the website<http://www.pagestream.org> again this evening. The links <Creating Tables> and <Reshaping Tables> are still not functioning. Can anyone confirm this? I'm using Safari.
>>
>>
>> On 15Nov2011, at 5:42 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:
>>
>>> HI All,
>>>
>>> Been a whiles since I used PageStream, so I travelled to the page
>>>
>>> Drawing Text Frames and Tables
>>>
>>> in order to refresh how to modify tables. The links<Creating Tables> and<Reshaping Tables> both led to a deadend and a "404 Not Found" message.
>>>
>>> I think the website has been reorganized -- certainly 'looks' different. Is there a delay?
>> Don Green Dragon
>> fergdc@Shaw.ca

Don Green Dragon
fergdc@Shaw.ca

Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
Index » PageStream Support » Macintosh OSX » Missing docs at Pagestream.org

Sign in to add a comment.