Index » PageStream Support » Macintosh OSX » Mavericks and copy/paste text
Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
2013-11-30 14:12:17 CT #1
Giovanni Bianchessi
From: Italy
Registered: 2006-02-08
Posts: 126

Someone told me that Pagestream previous version works on 10.9 Mavericks, it is partially true, but actually I am actually using version 5.0.5.8 Pro and I see a full black band instead of the color inverted text when I select it, and (copy) paste function does not work at all. Neither inside Pagestream, nor copying from other applications and pasting into Pagestream.
Neither by keyboard (cmd+x, c, v), nor from menus.

Please, there is any suggestion/patch/workaround?

Regards
Giovanni Bianchessi
From jimdoc@icloud.com Sat Nov 30 07:49:28 2013
Return-Path: <jimdoc@icloud.com>
X-Sender: jimdoc@icloud.com
X-Apparently-To: PageStreamMacintoshBeta@yahoogroups.com
X-Received: (qmail 34432 invoked by uid 102); 30 Nov 2013 15:49:27 -0000
X-Received: from unknown (HELO mtaq3.grp.bf1.yahoo.com) (10.193.84.142)
by m2.grp.bf1.yahoo.com with SMTP; 30 Nov 2013 15:49:27 -0000
X-Received: (qmail 21386 invoked from network); 30 Nov 2013 15:49:27 -0000
X-Received: from unknown (HELO st11p01mm-asmtp003.mac.com) (17.172.204.23Cool
by mtaq3.grp.bf1.yahoo.com with SMTP; 30 Nov 2013 15:49:27 -0000
X-Received: from [192.168.1.16] (bdalzell.qis.net [209.150.112.162])
by st11p01mm-asmtp003.mac.com
(Oracle Communications Messaging Server 7u4-27.08(7.0.4.27.7) 64bit (built Aug
22 2013)) with ESMTPSA id <0MX300JEV2M5FB10@st11p01mm-asmtp003.mac.com> for
PageStreamMacintoshBeta@yahoogroups.com; Sat, 30 Nov 2013 15:49:19 +0000 (GMT)
X-Proofpoint-Virus-Version: vendor=fsecure
engine=2.50.10432:5.11.72,1.0.14,0.0.0000
definitions 13-11-30_01:2013-11-29,2013-11-30,1970-01-01 signatures=0
X-Proofpoint-Spam-Details: rule=notspam policyÞfault score=0 spamscore=0
suspectscore=0 phishscore=0 adultscore=0 bulkscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0
reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=7.0.1-1308280000 definitions=main-1311300108
References: <EF994C70-B1B1-46ED-9D55-A2B0ED56B2B0@libero.it>
Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
X-Mailer: iPad Mail (11B554a)
In-reply-to: <EF994C70-B1B1-46ED-9D55-A2B0ED56B2B0@libero.it>
Message-id: <EB52764D-E370-4085-BD74-18A6D8B5D9A2@icloud.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:49:20 -0500
To: "PageStreamMacintoshBeta@yahoogroups.com"
<PageStreamMacintoshBeta@yahoogroups.com>
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable
MIME-version: 1.0 (1.0)
X-Originating-IP: 10.193.84.142
X-eGroups-Msg-Info: 1:12:0:0:0
From: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [PageStreamMacintoshBeta] Mavericks and copy/paste text
X-Yahoo-Group-Post: member; uT6418975; y=YZ3wa4aAdn8OscHCday7k7vU4AV25pti7svGGh1nKiES-Oc
X-Yahoo-Profile: jimdoc01

> Someone told me that Pagestream previous version works on 10.9 Mavericks, it is partially true, but actually I am actually using version 5.0.5.8 Pro and I see a full black band instead of the color inverted text when I select it, and (copy) paste function does not work at all. Neither inside Pagestream, nor copying from other applications and pasting into Pagestream.
> Neither by keyboard (cmd+x, c, v), nor from menus.

That was me. I'm not using PgS regularly these days for anything, so I only tested a few things that had been noted as problems with 5.0.5.9 and MaverX, and did not test a broad range of features.


2013-11-30 13:17:14 CT #2
Don Green Dragon
From: Unknown
Registered: 2011-12-10
Posts: 58

Hello Jim and Giovanni,

Under Mavericks 10.9 I can open and close PageStream 5059 without problems. However, I cannot open existing PageStream documents that were created with 5059 running under Snow Leopard.

If I call for a new document, a blank doc appears but I have not spent any time to build up a doc from that point. Perhaps matters will improve with the appearance of Mavericks 10.9.1 which is badly needed. The current version of Mavericks is really `toy’ upgrade as best I can see. I should have stayed with Snow Leopard. Oh well . . .


On 30Nov2013, at 8:49 AM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> wrote:

>> Someone told me that Pagestream previous version works on 10.9 Mavericks, it is partially true, but actually I am actually using version 5.0.5.8 Pro and I see a full black band instead of the color inverted text when I select it, and (copy) paste function does not work at all. Neither inside Pagestream, nor copying from other applications and pasting into Pagestream.
>> Neither by keyboard (cmd+x, c, v), nor from menus.
>
> That was me. I'm not using PgS regularly these days for anything, so I only tested a few things that had been noted as problems with 5.0.5.9 and MaverX, and did not test a broad range of features.


don green dragon
fergdc@shaw.ca

2013-11-30 15:45:33 CT #3
Jim Saklad
From: United States
Registered: 2006-02-22
Posts: 152

> OUnder Mavericks 10.9 I can open and close PageStream 5059 without problems. However, I cannot open existing PageStream documents that were created with 5059 running under Snow Leopard.
>
> If I call for a new document, a blank doc appears but I have not spent any time to build up a doc from that point. Perhaps matters will improve with the appearance of Mavericks 10.9.1 which is badly needed. The current version of Mavericks is really `toy’ upgrade as best I can see. I should have stayed with Snow Leopard. Oh well . . .

Have you tried backing up to 5.0.5.7 or 5.0.5.8 under Mavericks?


2013-11-30 22:23:26 CT #4
Giovanni Bianchessi
From: Italy
Registered: 2006-02-08
Posts: 126

My main problem on 5.0.5.9 is that I cannot open, save or import documents, any document, because the file requester does not appear.
And there are big screen refresh (? I suppose) problems too.
In example: I create a new document and draw a line… I would like to draw a line..., but the line does not appear.
But the line is there, in fact if I resize the document’s window or activate a menu, the line appears on the page, exactly where I blindly placed it.
The same with text, text box, ecc.

So I am waiting for both a new OS update either a new PageStream version.
For now I think I’ll switch back to Linux version.

Regards
Giovanni Bianchessi


Il giorno 30/nov/2013, alle ore 21:17, Don Green Dragon <fergdc@Shaw.ca> ha scritto:

> Hello Jim and Giovanni,
>
> Under Mavericks 10.9 I can open and close PageStream 5059 without problems. However, I cannot open existing PageStream documents that were created with 5059 running under Snow Leopard.
>
> If I call for a new document, a blank doc appears but I have not spent any time to build up a doc from that point. Perhaps matters will improve with the appearance of Mavericks 10.9.1 which is badly needed. The current version of Mavericks is really `toy’ upgrade as best I can see. I should have stayed with Snow Leopard. Oh well . . .
>
>
> On 30Nov2013, at 8:49 AM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>>> Someone told me that Pagestream previous version works on 10.9 Mavericks, it is partially true, but actually I am actually using version 5.0.5.8 Pro and I see a full black band instead of the color inverted text when I select it, and (copy) paste function does not work at all. Neither inside Pagestream, nor copying from other applications and pasting into Pagestream.
>>> Neither by keyboard (cmd+x, c, v), nor from menus.
>>
>> That was me. I'm not using PgS regularly these days for anything, so I only tested a few things that had been noted as problems with 5.0.5.9 and MaverX, and did not test a broad range of features.
>
>
> don green dragon
> fergdc@shaw.ca
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> PageStream Macintosh. Desktop Publishing for OS X.http://www.pagestream.orgYahoo Groups Links
>
>
>


2013-12-02 14:09:49 CT #5
Don Green Dragon
From: Unknown
Registered: 2011-12-10
Posts: 58

Hello Jim,

On 30Nov2013, at 1:45 PM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> wrote:

>> OUnder Mavericks 10.9 I can open and close PageStream 5059 without problems. However, I cannot open existing PageStream documents that were created with 5059 running under Snow Leopard.
>>
>> If I call for a new document, a blank doc appears but I have not spent any time to build up a doc from that point. Perhaps matters will improve with the appearance of Mavericks 10.9.1 which is badly needed. The current version of Mavericks is really `toy’ upgrade as best I can see. I should have stayed with Snow Leopard. Oh well . . .
>
> Have you tried backing up to 5.0.5.7 or 5.0.5.8 under Mavericks?

No I have not, but if I become desperate, then I’ll give it a try. Smile Maybe running from the CLI would give better results, but not here since 5059 does open and close properly.

<<snip>>


don green dragon
fergdc@shaw.ca

Sign in to add a comment Pages: 1
Index » PageStream Support » Macintosh OSX » Mavericks and copy/paste text

Sign in to add a comment.